Thursday, August 14, 2014

Easy DIY Elsa's Dress (Frozen)

Here's my attempt at Elsa's dress for my daughter. This DIY is for those who do not have sewing skills like me--and has a little girl who keeps asking for an Elsa dress. It's not perfect but your little one will look so cute with her hair all braided and singing "Let It Go" in her own little Elsa dress.

Got fabric from Joann's fabric store.  Both fabrics used do not fringe so all I needed to do was cut and sew. Also both fabrics were light weight and elastic--flowy and comfortable. The see-through white fabric felt and looks like those that they used to sew under skirt slips-- it's soft and not scratchy like the other see through materials.






Dress--it's just a tube dress:
1. Cut a rectangle to make a dress to fit your little one.
2. Fold about .5 - 1 inch on top of the rectangle and sew straight line across --leaving enough space in between to fit your rubber band.
3. Cut two triangles and sew to make straps for shoulder (note that the tip of the triangle is sewn to the back, while the base of the triangle is sewn to the front).
4. Attached the cape to the tube dress.

Voila!!!
I didn't capture the process with my camera and I know my directions may be hard to follow so ask questions in the comment section if needed and I'll clarify.  But if you're like me, I never follow directions. I just look at the picture and improvise. Have fun!!!! Would love to see everyone's Elsa dress for their little one.














No comments:

Post a Comment