Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mason Jar Sewing Kit - the lazy DIY way

Saw this on Martha Stewart's website: http://www.marthastewart.com/272417/sewing-kit-in-a-jar
Since I'm no Martha Stewart and I do not have a hot glue gun, I did mine the lazy way.




First I put some toy stuffing on a piece of cloth and wrap it on the lid sealer and then push it through the screw cap.













Then cut around the cap and sew from corner to corner of the fabric to hold the cotton and cloth to the lid sealer.  Looks less appealing than Martha Stewart's, but this does the trick and it's as useful.


I will use this to hold my pins and teddy bear pattern. What I noticed is if you use a fabric that matches the color of the screw cap (the metal part of the lid that you still see), it'll turn out prettier.  Also, I've seen others paint the lid to match the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment